White River Festival
Clean water plays an important role in our world.
We need clean water for drinking, safe streams and lakes for our families to play in, and healthy habitat for fish and wildlife to thrive. Every September in Central Indiana we celebrate the White River and its tributaries and work together to make our waterways cleaner.
The White River Festival
The White River Festival is a celebration of the White River, its tributaries and the surrounding 16 county watershed. The purpose of the festival is to raise awareness of the role this natural asset plays: a place of beauty and inspiration, critical drinking water source, habitat for many species of wildlife, and an economic driver for industry and development.
The Festival was created because the White River and ALL WATER is worth it!
- Our rivers and streams connect our communities and our lives.
- Our rivers are dynamic systems – they change and we change them with our actions.
- Our rivers and streams are invaluable to our economy, our health, our wildlife, and our rejuvenation.
The Festival is made possible through generous funding from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust and ongoing support from the White River Alliance.
Festival events take place during the month of September throughout Central Indiana, from Muncie to Martinsville. Events will be added to the calendar as they are received. Check it frequently to stay up-to-date!
Join us for several weeks of hikes, family science activities, river cleanups, tours, and more! Remember, whether they are part of where you live, work, or play, the White River and its tributaries matter and YOU can help make them cleaner!
- Indiana Water Summit – Aug. 12-13
- Clear Choices Clean Water
- White River Festival
- Dragon Boat Race
- StormWater Action Teams (SWAT)
- Trained Individual Contractor Certification
- Stormwater Landscape Maintenance Training
- State of the Waters
- Regional Stormwater MS4 Program