Shoreline Fishing Trip Down the White River, Noblesville to Martinsville
September 20, 2019 - 9:00 am
A White River Festival Event
Follow DNR Go FishIN Coordinator Clint Kowalik as he travels the White River on a fishing adventure.
This trip begins Sept. 19, as Kowalik will fish through Muncie along the White River Greenway, stop at Yorktown and Daleville, and finish at Mounds State Park. On the second day, Sept. 20, he will continue the trip by stopping at several public access sites from Noblesville through Indianapolis. Fisheries biologists Corey DeBoom and Nick Haunert will continue the trip by fishing at two sites near Martinsville. At each stop, they’ll fish, take photos, and talk about the fish and the habitat in that area.
Sept. 20 – Day 2
– 9 a.m., Noblesville – Riverwood Canoe Landing at 20814 Riverwood Ave., just north of East 206th St.
– 10 a.m., Noblesville – Potter’s Bridge Park Canoe Launch at 19401 Allisonville Rd., just west of Cumberland Rd.
– 11 a.m., Noblesville – Boat ramp on S. R. 19 (Cicero Rd.), just south of Forest Park.
– Noon, Carmel – Hazel Landing Park at 10601 Hazel Dell Parkway.
– 1 p.m., Indianapolis – Boat ramp and river overlook at Broad Ripple Park at 1550 Broad Ripple Ave.
– 2 p.m., Indianapolis – Canoe launch behind Indianapolis Art Center at 820 E 67th St., just east of N. College Ave.
– 3 p.m., Indianapolis – Blickman Educational Trail Park at 6399 N. Meridian St. (or 11 E. Arden Dr.)
– 4 p.m., Indianapolis – Boat ramp near Riverside Park on N. White River East Dr., just south of 29th St.
– 5 p.m., Indianapolis – Shoreline along N. White River Parkway West Dr., near/under Michigan St. bridge.
– 6 p.m., Indianapolis – Shoreline along [305-537] S. White River Parkway West Dr., downstream of zoo; below dam.
– 6:30 p.m., Martinsville – Henderson Ford Bridge Access, 3/4 mi north of S. R. 37 on Co. Rd. 390E / Henderson Ford Rd.
– 7:30 p.m., Martinsville – Three Rivers Public Fishing Area, 4715 S. R. 67.
This is a driving trip to various public access sites on the White River. This is not a trip down the river in a watercraft, but participants are welcome to join in the water with their own watercraft. Participants can join in at any point for as long as they want and can leave at any point. Participants that wish to fish will need to provide their own fishing equipment and if 18 and older must have a fishing license, which must be purchased in advance online (if you don’t already have one) at https://on.in.gov/inhuntfish.