Shoreline Fishing Trip Down the White River, Muncie to Mounds
September 19, 2019 - 10:00 am
A White River Festival Event
Follow DNR Go FishIN Coordinator Clint Kowalik Sept. 19-20 as he travels the White River on a fishing adventure.
On the first day of the trip, Sept. 19, Kowalik will fish through Muncie along the White River Greenway, stop at Yorktown and Daleville, and finish at Mounds State Park. On the second day, Sept. 20, he will continue the trip by stopping at several public access sites from Noblesville through Indianapolis. Fisheries biologists Corey DeBoom and Nick Haunert will continue the trip by fishing at two sites near Martinsville. At each stop, they’ll fish, take photos, and talk about the fish and the habitat in that area. At each stop, they’ll fish, take photos, and talk about the fish and the habitat in that area.
Sept. 19 – Day 1
– 10 a.m., Muncie – Riverview Park at the corner of Bunch Rd. & E. Faulkner Dr.
– 11 a.m., Muncie – White River Overlook (a.k.a. Bicentennial Overlook) along W. White River Blvd. near Dill Rd.
– 11:30 a.m., Muncie – Westside Park along W. White River Blvd. between S. Tillotson Ave. & S. Nichols Ave.
– Noon, Muncie – West End Overlook along W. White River Blvd. (across the river from the Sanitary District).
– 1 p.m., Yorktown – Morrow’s Meadow at 1901 S. Tiger Dr.
– 2 p.m., Daleville – Bicentennial Park at Co. Rd. 900W.
– 3 p.m., Anderson – Mounds State Park canoe launch at 4306 Mounds Rd.
This is a driving trip to various public access sites on the White River. This is not a trip down the river in a watercraft, but participants are welcome to join in the water with their own watercraft. Participants can join in at any point for as long as they want and can leave at any point. Participants that wish to fish will need to provide their own fishing equipment and if 18 and older must have a fishing license, which must be purchased in advance online (if you don’t already have one) at https://on.in.gov/inhuntfish.